Thok de gilli “chakde phattey napp de killi, raat nu Jalandhar savere Dilli” or “chha gaye guru”. Cricket’s most passionate commentator, Navjot Singh Sidhu’s most amusing commentary lines have always entertained us. Fondly called as ‘Sherry Pa’, Sidhu has entertained audiences, young and old alike, with his witty one-liners, impromptu shayaris and affable personality.
A brilliant orator, the man is a motor mouth and rarely leaves little room for his fellow co-hosts and co-commentators. (You can watch Sidhu speaking frenziedly beside a smilingly mum Shoaib Akhtar who only fills in the gap left by him).
While Sidhu has his fair share of critics, his supporters swear by his spot-on commentary and diverse knowledge. Well, love him, loathe him but you can’t ignore him! So, without killing your excitment, let us check out Sidhu’s most amusing commentary lines.
Sidhu’s Most Amusing Commentary Lines:
1. Ye whi baat hui ki agar meri chachi ki munchhey hoti to main use chacha kehta.
2. Cooker aur South Africa, Pressure mein dono ki seeti baj jaati hai.
3. Balleybaaz crease ke itna bahar nikle ki dhoni ne pehle chai pi, phir akhbaar padha aur phir jaakar stump out kiya.
4. Gend itni unchi uth gayee ki wo Air Hostess ki chummi lekar aa gyi.
5. Ball aisi jagah lagi hai ki haddi bhale hina tute… par bande ka nuksan bahot ho jaega.
6. That ball wenst so high it could have got an air hostess down with it!
7. Humility is like an Underwear, you have to wear it but you should not show it.
8. Ganguly has thrown a drowning man both ends of the rope.
9. The third umpires should be changed as often as nappies and for the same reason.
Read more: Rare Indian Cricketers Childhood Photos That You Have Never Seen.
10. You got to choose between tightening your belt or losing your pants.
Also, let us know what are your thoughts on “Navjot Sidhu’s most amusing commentary lines”?