Mother’s Day is a day you get to show your mom how grateful you are that she is in your life. Don’t waste the opportunity. By the way, there are many more than ten reasons, but that was all we could fit in this article.
1. If it weren’t for your mom, you wouldn’t be breathing right now. If nothing else, you should thank her for that.
2. Mothers are the emotional backbones of the family. They provide the holding place for everyone’s feelings and do their best to keep us from being hurt.
3. Who would kiss your boo-boos to make it all better if she weren’t around? Mothers have the magic touch (and kiss) to help us heal our wounds, physical and emotional.
4. Truly, our mothers worked hard and made sacrifices, so our lives would be better. There are not a lot of people willing to do that, so let her know you appreciate it.
5. Mothers are forgiving—so forgive her in return. Perhaps nothing will be as valuable a gift to both of you as forgiveness. Open your heart and drop your resentments. Now that’s love.
6. When you want to climb the tallest mountain, your mother will make lunch for you. She is the one who will support your dreams when no one else will. She will also remind you to wear clean underwear.
7. Her boundaries made you a better person. You may not have liked some of her decisions, especially when you wanted to party with your friends, but she did keep you out of trouble. Look at some of your friends without a mom who has cared that much.
8. A mother’s ears and eyes hear and see everything. They also have a computer-like memory for all the good (and some of the bad) that came your way. It’s nice to have someone with whom you can reminisce about your whole life.
9. Mom taught you to be a functioning adult. That was her job, and without that, making it through the modern world would be very hard. Your mom may have forced you to do your homework, but now you see how important it was.
10. A mother’s smile, when it is directed toward you, makes your day a whole lot better. All she needs is to know that she has helped you to be and feel your best. Say thank you.
As with most holidays, Mother’s Day comes only once a year. Make it special for her, and it will come back to you. There is something beyond words to express to the person who helped you to walk and talk, who gave you your first puppy, who helped you with school, and who gave you all the love she possibly could. Show her you care by acknowledging her value in your life. And if you don’t have your mom around, take someone who is like a mother to you out for brunch.