North Korea is a land of mystery as their leaders keep their country extremely secluded from the rest of the world. Because of which there is not much information available about North Korea.
Today, we have collected 10 of the bizarre facts about North Korea which will make you question their living:
1. North Korea has 28 state-approved haircuts among which 18 are for women.
2. Half of North Korea’s 24 million people live under extreme poverty.
3. In North Korea, the year is 105 instead of 2016 as they use a calendar called the Juche, based on the birth of Kim Il-Sung, not Jesus.
4. Following the death of Kim Jong-il, thousands of North Koreans were punished and sentenced to 6 months in prison camps for not being sufficiently upset.
5. Blue jeans are illegal in North Korea as they are considered a symbol of American Imperialism.
6. Shockingly enough, Marijuana is legal in North Korea.
7. North Korea is the only country in the world which has captured US Navy ship and it became a tourist attraction in Pyongyang.
8. North Korea also has a “Three Generations” sentence for guilt by association.
9. North Korea is one of the only two countries in the world where you can’t buy a Coke. Other country being Cuba.
10. North Korea has only 3 T.V channels, one channel that’s broadcast only during the evening while the other two are only broadcast during the weekend.
Let us know if you know some other facts about North Korea.