Odisha is etched in our minds as that eastern coast state where the iconic Jagannath is worshipped, and where several visitors go to stroll along the beaches of Puri. It may not strike us as a vacation destination but Odisha shares similar characteristics that would make it a perfect destination if you’re looking to spend your holiday on the east coast. So, every travel enthusiast must visit Odisha once.
15 Reasons Why You Must Plan To Visit Odisha Once:
1. Odisha is heaven if you love the sea and you should visit Odisha atleast once.
2. Odisha has amazing places where you can shop for handicraft items. There are villages in between Bhubaneshwar and Puri renowned well for their excellent handicrafts.
3. Every beach lover finds paradise here. With Puri being the most popular one, even Chandipur beach has become an excellent beach spot with its beautiful trees, white sand dunes being a tranquil beach getaway.
4. Odisha is an excellent place for dolphin watching with Chilika lake being an excellent location to catch a glimpse of this rare creature.
5. Odisha also houses a tons of rare and beautiful birds with the Nalabana Bird Sanctuary being in the state, making it a perfect place for bird watching.
6. The capital city of Odisha, Bhubaneshwar, has a very beautiful zoo known as Nandankanan zoo which is a home to more than 125 species of animals.
7. The Chilika Lake in Odisha is also the largest brackish water lagoon housing a huge number of amazing species of animals, birds and fishes.
8. Odisha is a state of temples, with the capital city Bhubaneshwar alone having more than 700 historical temples.
9. The Sun Temple in Konark, Odisha is a UNESCO World Heritage Site with ancient erotic carving like the ones in the temples of Khajuraho.
10. The rath yatra is one of the biggest event that happens in Jagannath temple in Puri, Odisha.
11. If you visit Odisha in the winters, you’ll get to see Odissi dance performances, which is one of the most gracious Indian dance form and visiting Odisha will make you witness the performances during dance festivals.
Read more: Need Reason To Love Incredible India? Check This Out.
12. Odisha has more than 60 old tribal communities and has a lot of tribal villages all over the state. One can witness these villages and their lifestyle here.
13. One can always try the delicious cuisine and food in Odisha which is amazing.
14. You can catch glimpses of rare turtles in their breeding and nesting place.
15. There is beauty anywhere and everywhere in the state.
If you know any other reasons to visit Odisha, please let us know in the comments section below. Make sure to share this post with your loved ones.